The following information is intended as a guide only. To receive a quote for your cake please complete the contact form with as much detail as possible.
The following will provide you with a guide for what to expect for price:
- One tier 6″ round cake with simple decorations – prices start from $140
- Two tier cake with simple decorations – prices start from $290
- Three tier cake with simple decorations – prices start from $450
Prices will then vary dependant on the size of cake required and the intricacy and difficulty of the final design. If you are working within a set budget it is important to let me know so that, where possible, I can factor that into the design. It is also important that you are realistic about what can be achieved within your set budget.
Items to consider when assessing the value of your cake (as opposed to the price):
- All my cakes are baked from scratch using fresh, quality ingredients. I do not use any packet mixes. I use free range eggs and quality chocolate. There is no skimping on the quality of ingredients to ensure that every bite is indulgent and delicious.
- Each cake will have at least one layer of ganache as a filling (generally two or more depending on the required height of the cake).
- Each cake will be covered in a layer of quality couverture chocolate ganache to seal in freshness and enhance the flavour of your cake.
- I use Pettinice premium fondant for the superior taste and finish it provides.
- The design will be made to match your event / theme / requirements to ensure your cake is the centrepiece and give it that “wow” factor
- Although the size of your cake (e.g. 8″ round) may be the same as what you could buy in a cake chain store, the cake I make for you will generally be at least twice the height (e.g. a minimum of 4″ high). This provides you with more cake per slice.
- How much work goes into perfecting your cake and associated decorations. We’re not talking about slapping a layer of mock buttercream onto a slab of packet sponge here. Each cake is made fresh to order, layered and covered with couverture chocolate ganache before being covered in fondant and custom decorated. That sort of work takes time and as they say, “time is money”.